Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Changes…


In honor of my 14th wedding anniversary, I must say how very proud I am of my husband. The Lord has orchestrated so many changes in this imperfect, yet beautiful man I call my husband.

Through the past 14 years, he has grown as a man, a father, a husband, a musician and in so many other ways.

The most recent changes I've noticed since he started eating a plant based diet....

     Notice the man on the left. Sitting. Watching tv. Inactive.

     The man on the right has lost 66 lbs and is active. . .eating lots of nutrient rich food and moving throughout his day. not looking-for-the-next-chance-to-sit-moving. He's taken up golf again (for real this time) and building things - like a studio in the basement for income opportunities, and furniture for me: a desk, a foyer table, and plans for a headboard!  This man is alert and working harder than ever before to provide for our family. He is awakening to new ways to make our life better. He is more productive, more aware, doing more, seeing more, thinking more. M.O.R.E.

Changes are evident inside and out.

Shane's weight loss has affected many aspects of our lives, his, mine and the children. We all feel more secure in the day to day. I know every breath we take is a gift and our days are numbered, but when he was heavier, I feared the worst. every day. every phone call. every day waking up with is-he-still-breathing-worry.

We just got back from the beach and before the focus was always "What's for dinner? (at a restaurant). Many hours away from the restful beach and many dollars later all we had were full bellies and lazy spirits. This time, we ate out once for our anniversary and once on the way home. This time, there was parasailing and jet skiing, running and splashing. We came home with memories made!

Each of us are forever being reformed by our Creator. I am thankful and honored that He has given me this life to live with Shane. Thankful He is reforming our family. I am grateful for the reformation inside and out and look forward to making new memories every day we are given together!

Happy anniversary Babe! I love you and am so very, very proud of you! Here's to more adventures (and maybe next time I won't be such a scaredy cat)!



No comments:

Post a Comment